Beetle@SG Website


Please check out my website Beetles@SG for identification of beetles found in Singapore http://davidmoh1313.wix.com/beetlesg

Friday 15 January 2016

Night Walk At Dairy Farm Nature Reserve (15 Jan 2016)

I was planning to go to the Dairy Farm Nature Reserve to test out my tweak to the DIY flash diffuser that I made. Sadly, it started to rain in the late afternoon and I thought that I would need to postpone the trip to next week. Fortunately, the rain stopped slightly before 6 pm and so I decided to proceed as planned.

My heart sank when I reach the place as the vegetation were drenched to the bone. This can only means one thing - a washout trip.


I was glad to be able to find this Chafer Beetle (Apogonia expeditionis) just at the beginning.


After having walked for almost an hour without finding any beetles or insects, so this small 2 mm Darkling Beetle was a welcomed sight.


More walking without finding any beetles and so I decided to call it a day. This trip was a total wash-out with only two beetles found. Although I expected this outcome, it still didn't go down well. Nevertheless, I managed to test out my DIY diffuser and am glad that the results were pretty good..

No comments:

Post a Comment