Beetle@SG Website


Please check out my website Beetles@SG for identification of beetles found in Singapore http://davidmoh1313.wix.com/beetlesg

Saturday 4 February 2017

Close Encounter With A Green Chafer Beetle (03 Feb 2017)

I was looking forward to Friday night to test out a new version of my macro flash setup but unfortunately, it rained once again on that night.


Incidentally, a Green Chafer Beetle (Anomala albopilosa) flew into my friend HW's house and so I took the opportunity to use it to test out my new macro flash setup. Here are some of the photographs taken using the new setup.






The new macro flash setup seemed to work pretty well and I am happy with the results. The only downside of the setup is its heavy weight which is not to my liking. Nevertheless, the Green Chafer Beetle was a good subject to test out the macro flash setup and I can't wait to test it out in the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment